Sunday, September 8, 2013

Haircuts, Frisbees and Some Movies

Mom was going to use the title 'Nekkid Doodle Gals! Live!' but we thought she'd lure too many creepy Googlers with that title so Abby and I used our veto power.  But if you must know, we ARE nekkid.

*ahem*

So, where to start?  Well, first, Fall has Most Definitely come to the Wasatch.  These was taken earlier in the week, and the leaves are even more fall-like now.  However, we had a really dry spring/summer, so the 'fall flame' is not super vibrant.  But not exactly drab, either.


"Can we get moving?  There are some squirrels up there we'd like to investigate..."
You may notice in those photos that we are a bit hairy, and more importantly, we were getting hot on our walkies.  So Mom thought it might be time to do the hair cut thing again.

Mom decided to 'stage' the process, bathing us one day, and then cutting our hairs over the weekend.  We did our absolute best to look pathetic about our baths, but Abby just doesn't seem to 'do' pathetic.  She's much better at 'baby-bird'.


Me?  I can TOTALLY do pathetic.

"Woe is me.  Woe, I tell you."
Abby?  Yeah, still not doing that pathetic thing.


Ah well, she still has much to learn.

Anyhoo, in spite of me doing my best to look all pathetic, Mom carried on with her foolish ideas of cutting our hairs, and on Saturday afternoon we were frolicking nekkid.


Nekkid, I tell you.

Still goofy, regardless of the length of her hairs.

Yes, I know I'm gorgeous, but would you throw the frisbee already?
At least Mom had the good sense to cut my hairs first - I'm much more tolerant of the process than a certain Hippobottomus I might mention.  And, Mom's co-worker and friend Renee came up to visit us (because, really, who wouldn't want to meet a couple of doodle sisters?) and I was looking all sleek and groomed, while Abby was still looking shaggy.


"Why, yes, I AM the much better sister.  Thank you for noticing!"
Heehee!  We've decided to adopt her as Aunt Renee because she is a Most Excellent Treat Distributor.  Of course, she has had plenty of practice distributing treats, as she is the servant to a household of cats of her own.

After the excitement of the mid-day visit, Abby was ready for her grooming, and a few hours later, Abby too was nekkid.

Which, of course meant Nekkid Doodle Frisbee Action.

She looks so much more streamlined when she's nekkid!
 
Apparently she's also got quite a bit more 'lift' when she's nekkid!

And I look so much cuter playing tug-of-war when you can see my pretty face.

And I'm more bouncy, too!
Since Mom has been getting better at throwing the frisbee left-handed while snapping photos with her right hand, she thought she'd try some more of the 'sports' settings on her camera, including a setting that shoots 60 frames in a row.  After experimenting with this for a while, Mom thought she'd make some 'stop-action' movies (since the movies are just individuals frames pasted together).

Here was her first attempt at movie-making  (for those of you who are receiving this bloggie via email, here is the direct link to the video in YouTube:  http://youtu.be/AQUAoOOdth0 )



You will note that her first movie-making attempt was a silent film...  But with a little guidance from her fellow crazy dog lady friends who live in her computer, Mom was able to add catchy tunes to the next movie...

Again, here is the link for those of you getting this via email:  http://youtu.be/O5IZE4FBJoM



Mom clearly has some work to do before she's ready to submit anything to the Sundance Film Festival, but I will readily admit that my sister looks impressive in slow-motion!  (And for those of you paying attention, Abby is furry in the first movie and nekkid in the second movie...)

So that was our week!  What have you been up to?

*kissey face*
-Fiona and Abby the Flying Nekkid Hippobottomus

15 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Whitney is ready to sign up fur a kho-bill of nekkid whikhkedness -

Just sayin'

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Woo two NAILED pathetikh ;-)

Taffy said...

You girls look great nekkid! Your mom does a good job trimming your furs. I wish I could get air like that :o(

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OH GIRRRRRLS you DO look Pitiful and Pathetic. Sorry that it didn't WORK and you Did end up with your furs being stolen. BUTT look on the BRIGHT side... Being Nekkid really cuts down on your WIND RESISTANCE.. Just LOOK at you both Catching Air and running like the Wind.

Millie and Walter said...

You two sure can fly without all your furs.

Millie & Walter

GOOSE said...

Who knew that being all naked would give you girls such lift. Great videos!
Blessings,
Goose

bichonpawz said...

Looking pretty there in your part of the world! Your mom has obtained MAD skill at grooming you two! N gotta admit Fiona...you do have pathetic down pat. You girls are absolutely FLYING without your furs! Way to go! Xo Chloe and LadyBug

Molly the Airedale said...

You girls are just gorgeous! Your mom does a great job grooming you! We loved the slow-mo videos!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

The Army of Four said...

Well, you two look REALLY pretty! I only have to have my snow shoes trimmed every now and then, nothing else.
I got to have my nails done over the weekend. I rather like that. Mom uses a Dremel thing and it feels nice.
Cammie
PS: You could get ANYTHING you wanted out of my mom with your "Woe is me" look. Seriously. ANYTHING!!!

Murphy said...

We know your mom will be ready for Sundance very soon. The film is riveting! Mom was showing it to us so we could see how to catch the frisbee. Now I am most excellent at catching a ball in the air so mom though it would be easy. Mom was wrong. She almost chopped our heads off with that flying thing! I just told her to put that thing down and throw my ball! We are going to study your films some more.

Your Pals,

Murphy and Stanley

PS - yes, the aunt thing is a good idea!

Murphy said...

We know your mom will be ready for Sundance very soon. The film is riveting! Mom was showing it to us so we could see how to catch the frisbee. Now I am most excellent at catching a ball in the air so mom though it would be easy. Mom was wrong. She almost chopped our heads off with that flying thing! I just told her to put that thing down and throw my ball! We are going to study your films some more.

Your Pals,

Murphy and Stanley

PS - yes, the aunt thing is a good idea!

Dexter said...

You are both seriously nekked. I am wondering if I should even be watching movies of nekked dogs contorting in the air. The polka will never be the same for me.

Kisses,
Dexter

Bicontinental Dachshund said...

We could use a Most Excellent Treat Distributor around here!

1000 Goldens said...

I heard that nekked frisbee is going to be a new summer olympic event. That's what I heard. P.S. You girls are pretty!

Kari in Alaska said...

Ya'll are frisbee obsessed

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Unknown said...

Your mom did a really good job with those haircuts! You two look so pretty. And don't pull that face in the future. Just think, you're getting a new style for the season. Isn't that fab? -Liza @ Pets on Broadway