Friday, November 19, 2010

Update

Hi!!!

I haven't been around much lately as Mom has been busy doing 'stuff' (when she's not hogging the computer), and I'm apparently not allowed to use the computer unsupervised after I purchased Carl Sagan's Cosmos series on DVD... Sheesh. A girl tries to get a little education, and she's not allowed free access to amazon.com any more. Hey, it's not my fault that Mom has enabled the 'one-click' purchase option...

Anyhoo, when Mom hasn't been off doing 'stuff', she's been working on the 2011 calendar. See, as a Christmas present for all of our relatives, Mom uses the Kodak site to make calendars using a selection of pictures that she's taken over the past year. And no, I'm not spoiling the surprise; Mom has been doing this for the last 6 years - if our relatives can't figure out what the calendar-shaped object in wrapping paper under the Christmas tree is by now, well, I don't think I'll be ruining the surprise now.

So, Mom has been sort through pictures from the last year, and so far, she's only made in into March - apparently there are about 500,000,000,000 ("billyuns and billyuns"... heehee... can you tell I've been watching my Carl Sagan DVDs? At least Mom didn't make me return them...) pictures of Abby as a puppy. I was going to be all insulted until Mom pointed out that she had an entire external hard drive full of pictures of me as a youngster. Anyhoo, Mom has been busy working on the calendar so she hasn't gotten too many recent pictures of me.

But, here's a very slight preview of potential pictures for the calendar...

Heehee. Can you believe that my hippobottomus sister used to be that little fluff ball?

Snow!!! (Apparently we're supposed to have a HUGE storm this weekend. I hope so because this mud is really cutting into my Abby-smackdown time.)

D'oh. Me and TaiChi, doing what we did best!

Heehee. Anyhoo, that is just a small taste of the pictures that might make it into this year's calendar. I say 'might' because Mom picks out about 200 pictures and there are only 12 months in the year...

One final thing; thanks (on Mom's behalf) for the comments about her cross-stitch. She didn't actually intend for them to be direct depictions of us. She does cross-stitch to help her 'unwind' (whatever that means) and she likes doing doggie stitches when she can find cute ones that "aren't too sappy or ridiculous" (direct quote from Mom). However, she did think that the sleeping doggie sort of looked like me... What do you think?

Mom sees similarities in the squeezy-eyes and snooter. At least she knows that my butt isn't that big! ;-)

*kissey face*
-Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

16 comments:

D.K. Wall said...

At least your mom is a little better organized than our hu-dad who has sworn every year since he bought his Mac (that has calendar software on it) that he was going to make calendars of us. Guess how many have been made.

Sigh.

Unknown said...

I can imagine how hard it must be fur your mom to pick out just da purfect fotos for a calendar! You have so many to choose from!! Hope you share the finalists once her decides!!!

MinnaK

Ms. ~K said...

How cool...your own calendar!!!
Our dad is a big fan of Carl Sagan!

Molly the Airedale said...

Your calendar is going to be fabulous and oh so special!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Sage said...

You have some really pawsome pictures for your calendar! I bet everyone loves getting it.

Anonymous said...

your mom rocks. she's like totally smart, has YOU dogs, (only smart people have dogs) AND she cross stitches and makes calendars. geesh. we're feeling a bit small over here! :)

Sightless said...

Doggy calendars are an AWESOME idea.

Though I don't think I'd ever be able to pick out just 12 pictures. That's just not fair.

Unknown said...

What sweet pictures.

My pup Honey has a golden doodle boyfriend and she gets excited every time she sees one. I made sure she was sleeping before coming by on the Blog Hope so she didn't get all excited!

Kari in Alaska said...

I can't wait to see what she puts in the calendar!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Kristin G. said...

Great photos! I hope you're having a lovely weekend. I'm sure snow will be there soon. ;)

Sierra Rose said...

Hey!!! Sounds like the snow if going off out there! Yipee! We should be dumpin' in the mountains here too. Raining pretty hard where we are. Wish we had out the door snow...but, will aim to make a trip to the mountins for Thanksgiving.
Great photos! We do a calendar each year too. Stuck on uploading pix for May...so, need to get moving...holidays are almost here :)

Have a nice weekend! Do some big zoomies for me, ok!?
Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Sue said...

We think your Mom's cross stitch is neat. Our Mom does cross stitch pictures of us, too. She's working on Morgan right now.

Mom's been thinking of doing a calendar of us, but she keeps waiting too late, then instead of getting it ready for the next year, she waits too long again. This is the third year she's waited too late. There's no hope for her.
Morgan, Tsar and the Porties

Lorenza said...

I am sure your calendar is going to be pawesome!
All those "potential" pictures are great!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

bichonpawz said...

We think all the potential pics are fabulous!!! And the cross stitch really does show similarities!! Your mom is going to have to extend the calendar to one of those five year planners...hahahaha!!! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

Tucker said...

I love the running in the snow tunnel picture!

woof - Tucker

Unknown said...

Oh, those are wondeful pictures, Fiona!!