Sunday, September 7, 2014

Fall Funballs!

Come October when most of the rest of the world is finally enjoying Fall, our leaves will be gone and it will start getting 'brisk' and even 'downright nippy' (those are Mom's technical weather terms...).  But for now, it is perfect; the weather is in the 70s and it's sunny (or partly sunny) and we have been able to take full advantage of the beautiful weather.

Yup.  Our yard really looks like that right now.   No Photoshop enhancement required!


Abby hasn't suddenly acquired Corgi legs - our photographer was trying to get some of the sky and trees in the background.

Yes, it's pretty.  But so is that tennis ball in your hand, Mom.

See - normal leggies - no Corgi leggies here!
And we have been getting in a lot of tennis ball action.



All that, AND she misses the ball.... *sigh*

Of course, her back might be hurting from this move - I know mine is!

Zombie dog in action!

In my spare time, I'm a trained seal!


Abby has been rehearsing diligently for the upcoming performances of Doodle Lake.  You'll notice she has her pointe shoes on here!



Notice how I keep my eyes on the ball?  Mom might want to try this when she's hitting tennis balls!  Heehee!

Excellent ear flappage!

Misses only count with horseshoes, hand grenades and Doodle Tennis Ball Action!



More zombie dog moves.

I am trying to save the tennis ball from the Tennis Ball-Eating Bush of Doom.  I failed.  That bush is scary!

I have the most tennis balls.  That means I win, right?

Jaws of Doom in action!





I can do the zombie dog thing, too!
 


The dance of the Doodle-plum Fairies!

This photo has it all!  Fall colors, a dog and tennis ball action!
Of course, there have also been many zoomies.



I like the blurred feet in this photo - it makes me look like I'm going Really Fast!



Of course, Mom has also been taking plenty of portraits.  Because that is apparently What Mom Does.



You would think Mom would be Perfectly Satisfied with those photos.  But no.  She decided that she could make these pictures 'even better' by using some shiny thing that reflects light into our eyes onto our faces.  Whatever.  As long as there are treats involved, we're willing to put up with Mom's crazy photo antics.


Dorkadoodle with light enhancements!  (She was dorky enough in the shade!)

It even works well in low light.
At least this reflector thingy gives me a bright sparkle in my eye!

Seriously, how goofy is my sister?

Some of us take this whole portrait thing Quite Seriously!


Mom LOVES this photo.  Something to do with Abby actually looking at the camera....


Okay, this reflector thingy is pretty nifty!  And Mom loves this photo, too!


Oh yeah!  I don't even have to squint and the photos aren't washed out or anything!


Okay, maybe Mom's little reflector thingy isn't too bad.  However, she wants us to look at her in these photos.  We'll start looking when Mom can figure out how to hold the camera, the reflector and the treats and/or squeaky ball all at once!

Have a great week!

*kissey face*
-Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

5 comments:

How Sam Sees It said...

Wow! That's some really pretty grass.

Monty and Harlow

GOOSE said...

It's Fall in my back yard too. Love the action shots. I would like to put in my order for tickets to the Doodle Lake. Front row please.
Blessings,
Goose

Kinley Westie said...

Looks like you're havin lotsa fun! And dose colorful leaves are real pretty!

Murphy said...

We've noticed a lot of leaves changing these past few days but you are ahead of us for sure! We love the on-point photo! Your mom was really in top form on the comments today!

Your Pals,

Murphy & Stanley
Mayorz For All Paws
POTP For Greta!!!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

OMD...those leaves are gorgeous!! We just love the fall leaves with the fall sun AND the fall doodle colors!!
Smileys!
Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo