Sunday, January 27, 2013

Doggie Class and *gasp*

So, as usual, we had our doggie class on Saturday morning.  Instead of traipsing off to TJMaxx or Bed Bath and Beyond, we had been asked to help 'socialize' a puppy.  Us?  Trusted with a puppy?  Seriously?  Needless to say, it was going to be supervised socialization, but we got all prepared.  Because you never know what sort of puppy craziness you might encounter.

Needless to say, we weren't quite sure what to do when we came snooter-to-snooter with little miss Cutie-patootie.

Hi!  My name is Ellie!  Will you be my friend?
With a face like that, how could you not like the little labramix gal?

Truthfully, Miss Ellie wasn't quite sure what to make of us at first... (In her defense, not too many people do.)

"Help!  Get me away from these crazy doodle gals!"
 But we got things sorted out quickly, and she was an apt pupil.


And we got down to the serious business of sharing toys.


Crazy puppy eyes.
And since crazy puppies can be a tad overwhelming, I took a few minutes to get some much-deserved scratchies.


Meanwhile, there were many attempts to wear out Miss Ellie (seriously, this young lady had enough energy to power a medium-sized city). 


Heh.  Doesn't she look all innocent and cute?  It to her forever to figure out how to get the treats out the Holee Roller hanging around her neck!  But apparently we were good in help Miss Ellie get used to other doggies.  I guess if she can handle us, she can handle anyone, right?  Heehee!

Now a final photo from yesterday's class.  Mom wants you to look at this because she thinks I was rather, erm, shaggy.

Me?  Shaggy?  I have no idea what you are talking about.
Well, apparently Mom was talking about giving me a *gasp* haircut.

A what?!?  Just because I get a wee bit toasty inside the house...

Anyhoo, Mom got everything ready, brushed me out, and then took me into the shower.  Um.  Can we skip this part, please?  Apparently not.  Nor could I skip the 'drying' afterward, which included a doggie dryer (like a hair dryer, but it doesn't blow hot air - just regular temperature air - and  sounds like the dreaded Vacula Monster).  Eeesh!  After that, Mom brushed me out AGAIN, and got me up on the grooming table and got to work...



Note Mom's "stylish" grooming garb.  Apparently it has something to do with "doodle hair sticking to everything."  What-EVER.  But her scrub-like thingys did prevent her from looking like a Yeti when we were done.  Although what is up with the face squeeze?  I might have been able to hold my head still without that.  Maybe.

Anyhoo, after 87 hours of grooming torture, Mom finished.  She has decided that doing more than one of us a day is too taxing on her mentals and physicals, so Abby will get tortured next week.  In the meantime, here I am, looking decidedly less shaggy.  At least now you can see my pretty face!







And I don't even have Yeti-toes this time!  You can actually see my tootsies!  There are a few straggly bits that Mom will have to go back and clean up, but for her second time grooming me, I think she did pretty well.  Maybe next week the Hippobottomus will be less shaggy, too!

*kissey face*
-Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

8 comments:

Berts Blog said...

I like your new hair doo. And your new friend looks like a sweetheart. I am glad it all worked out.

So is it snowing at your place now. Don't ya just love it now that it isn't soooo cold.

Love
Bert

Two French Bulldogs said...

Beautiful do! No tiring out Ms. Ellie
Benny & Lily

Molly the Airedale said...

We know all about those puppies with too much energy, don't we, Molly!
You look gorgeous, Fiona! Your mom did a fabulous job!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OMD... you girls TAUGHT a PUPPYGARTEN Class??? THAT is Fangtastic. You will be super teachers.

WOW your mom really did make you look 87% better.

Kari in Alaska said...

Ellie is adorable!

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Dexter said...

A most entertaining post (and not just because it had a black labragal in it). Your description of the grooming room of doom were magnificent. I am so glad that I am not a doodle requiring such prolonged time on that table. But your face did come out beeautifully.

Kisses,
Dexter

Anonymous said...

Hi der Ms Fiona,

I fink woo look pawfectly luvly wif long furs as well as short furs. But hoomans haf der own crazeee ideas abowt owr furs shud be. I is fortunate mine is too short fur da furdos, but poor Izzy does haf to suffer dat trauma.

Tail Wags
Ruger

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello fiona its dennis the vizsla dog hay wow 87 owrs that is a lot of grooming!!! but so wurth it yoo luk maaaahhhhvelus!!! ok bye