Monday, March 23, 2009

Yes, you get a break. For today.

Just when you were thinking, "Oh my Gawd, not ANOTHER needlepoint pattern; does this woman have NO LIFE?!?" you are spared. Although the answer to that question would be, "No, she doesn't." But that's just in case you were wondering.

At least for a day. Because I'm almost done with the one I'm working on. It's really simple, but very cute. And is dog-related. But I'll keep you in suspense until I'm actually done. It makes me giggle.

And since I have run out of Boston Legal episodes to watch (until my DVDs of season 5 arrive - which won't be until May 5th), I am allowing my brain to turn into gelatinous goo via Hulu (yes, Alec Baldwin, start salivating now....). For some reason, I decided to start watching Friday Night Lights - all episodes from all seasons available (as far as I can tell - I'm only into the middle of season 1). I'm not exactly sure WHY this grabbed me, other than maybe I don't have to pay super close attention while I'm focusing on the cross-stitching. It amuses me, and frankly, I haven't found any really good audiobooks to capture me at the moment.

But all of that is neither here-nor-there. Gary is still having nerve pain, so I've finally managed to get him in to the local hospital for an MRI next week. I doubt that they have the diagnosticians to read the thing here, so we'll have to get copies sent up to his neurosurgeon in Salt Lake to get the news; good, bad, or indifferent. At least we're doing SOMETHING. Because, frankly, it looks like his left thigh, not just his calf is starting to atrophy, and that is what we in the health care support industry (i.e. professional patients) call A Bad Thing.

In the meantime, it the temps have dropped back into the 70s (although we'll be back in the 80s by the end of the week), and it is gorgeous, if a bit windy. Which makes for perfect puppy-ball-chasing weather. And that is good.

No comments: