Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Shameless Plug!

Can you believe that my Mom didn’t take ANY pictures on our hike yesterday?!? What Is Up With That?!? Hello? We hike, you take pictures, you post pictures. How difficult is this to understand? How can my adoring audience adore me with No Pictures?!?

Note from Fi’s Mom: It was the same hike we’ve done the last several days, and Fi was behind me the entire time, making it rather difficult for photo ops. However, I get the hint. More pictures. Got it.

Anyhoo, since Mom didn’t get any pictures of me, I’m going to do a shameless plug, instead.

Friday is my birthday. I’ll be a whole year old. Mom says that I will stop being a puppy and become an adult dog. I don’t get how one day I’m a puppy and the next day I’m an adult. It’s sort of like telling a human, “Okay, you’re 21, you are now an adult, go act like one.” Yeah. Right. So I doubt that I’m going to transmogrify into an Adult overnight. Besides, why would I want to?!?

Anyway, I hope Mom is planning a big party for me. Well, okay, maybe a small party. I don’t really have any doggie friends here locally (the two that I know are Really Badly Behaved, and Mom and Dad think they are Bad Influences on me), so I think my party should just be Me, Mom, Dad, TaiChi and Bufus. I also think my party should have cake, and party hats and pressies. Mom, are you taking notes? I think a crown (or a tiara) would also not be amiss. I think that my day should include lots of treats, time at The Park, a hike, and possibly even a ride in a car that lets the wind blow my ears around. And, lots of pampering, of course. And maybe a chance to sneak up to the cat’s room to snarf down his lunch! And, most importantly, it should include people taking Lots Of Pictures Of Meeee! Mom!!

Yeah. So. With no pictures, I guess I’ll have Mom dig up some puppy pictures to celebrate my last days of puppyhood.


This is when Mom and Dad first picked me up (in the Corvette! Heehee! Mom had a towel on her lap so I wouldn't accidentally piddle on her or the Big Yellow Car) - we stopped at a truck stop on the way home and Dad snapped a picture with Mom's phone (which is why it is so small).


All of these pictures are from my first week at home. Being a puppy is VERY hard work!

Can you believe that I was So Little that I couldn't even get up on the couch?!?

Here I am listening very closely as TaiChi tries to teach me the ropes. Can you believe that I was smaller than TaiChi?!? She's 18lbs, and in this picture, Mom says I'm like 10lbs. (I'm about 55lbs now.) I can't believe that I was EVER smaller than TaiChi. Wow.

This is my favorite picture of my as a Very Little Puppy. I'm with my Dad, and I'm Very Happy.

And just to give you some perspective, here's a picture of me and TaiChi a couple of months ago.

I'm all folded up there, and I'm still WAY bigger than she is! I can't believe How Little I Was!!!!

Anyway, I'll post more pictures of me from the last year in the next couple of days, all to celebrate my birthday! I still can't believe that I'm going to be an 'adult'. Hah!


*kissey face*

-Fiona, the almost-birthday-girl

20 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Fiona!
Enjoy your last days of puppyhood! Haaaa!
Your plans for your birthday are pawesome!
Thanks for sharing your puppy pictures!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo don't have to give up your puppy license!

Make her pry from your paw!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: KHAKE!?!?!?!?!?!?
I'm there!

Checkers & Chess said...

look at you big girl! you're gonna be a grown up? NAH!!!!!!!!! Hey I'm about 6 mos older than you - but my say's I'm a "TWEEN" not a grownup!!! Have a pawsome birthday - I'll be at the Beach and may not be visiting blogs so much - but know that I'm thinking of you !!!!

The Oceanside Animals said...

A very merry unbirthday to you, Fiona! And a happy birthday when it does arrive!

Micki said...

Happy Birthday and hope you get lots of wonderful presents. I love dogs, so really enjoyed the doc pics.
Micki

bichonpawz said...

Your puppy pics are SO cute!! And we definitely think that pressies are in order....as is the tiara and CAKE!!! Or maybe cat food?? Wish we could celebrate with you!! BIG Birthday Hugs from Chloe and LadyBug, the NY BichonFrises

Abby said...

Hi, Fiona...

I hope all your Barkday wishes come true...

Loved the puppy pictures...Can't wait to see more...

Abby xxxooo

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

We think a tiara is in order.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

PS - remind her to take lots of pictures of your birthday.

Brind'Amour Clumbers said...

How cute were you!!!!! Happy pre-birthday!!!

Wiggles,
Brind'Amour

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Fiona I definitely think pressies, party AND tiara!! Probably should set aside the whole weekend!! Plus..NO being grown up...EVER!!

Almost Birthday Smileys!
Dory

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

happy birthday

great pics - hope you get lost od pressies and treat - and you get your mommy to take tons of pics

Woodrow, Sweetie & MJ

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

Don't worry Fiona, you are still young enough to be a star like me, er, I mean us. I'm 6, Dixie is 5, and Harles is SEVEN (omd I KNOW) so really you are like primo material for being young and famous!

Nibbles Treats said...

Why not make this a birthday week? Presents and treats every day instead of just the one. That eases you into adulthood.

Lots of treats,
Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

Martha said...

Hi Fiona
We liked seeing your puppy pictures and hope you have a great 1st birthday.
We hope you dont have to become an adult too soon cos we kinda still like that puppy fun bit too.
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xxx

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh Happy Barkday for Friday!

thank you for commmenting on my blog, sorry but it takes ages for my Editor to get around all the blogs, she is so old and so slow nowadays!

lotsaluv, Marvin xxxxxxxxxxxx

pee ess from Jeannie

I am not old, I am not slow, just like to take things easy! Happy Barkday for Friday from meeeeeeeee tooooooo!

Eduardo said...

Happy almost birthday!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Kimberly said...

my floppy eared friend.. we're about the same age too - did you know that?? Me was borned in Sept. on the 9th though. That is when I will be'd 1 years old. It's not time to grow up until you're 2 mama says BOL.. Wow TaiChi is tiny now compared to you. Does she respect you or make you respect her? Have you see'd all my pictures mama posted of my flappers in action? Wish we could have a flappy eared fun time together..

Bell girl..
If I furget your barkday by chance (WHICH I SHOULDN'T) HAPPY HAPPY BARKDAY TO WOO..

The Army of Four said...

Oh, wow! You were as cute as a puppy as you are beautiful as an almost one year old! (I hope I said that right!)
You know... pups our size aren't considered out of the puppy stage until we're 2. Just something to keep in mind. How tall are you? Ha roo roo roo!
Play bows,
Zim

1000 Goldens said...

How exciting that you are going to be one! It is very funny to see pictures where Tai Chi is bigger than you :o) We hope you have an awesome birthday!

Taffy said...

Hi Fiona! I'm confused, I would think you would have to be a teenager before becoming an adult. Besides, being a teen gives you an excuse for misbehaving. I think since your mom didn't take any photos of your hike you should get some extra treats today!
Love and hugs,
Twix