Thursday, July 9, 2009

No adulthood for me!

Okay. My adoring public has spoken (thank you, adoring public!), and I am making it official. Even though I am turning 1 on Friday, I will not relinquish my puppyhood until I have to. Which means that until I have to become a Role Model (perish the thought!), I will remain a puppy. And even then, I’ll probably still be a puppy. But I’ll be a Role Model Puppy!

So, I have spoken.

None of this ‘adult’ stuff for me. That speaks too much of things like ‘responsibility’ and ‘good behavior’. Bah! Bah, I tell you! Bah!

So there.

I would have a longer post but my Mom has been ‘busy’ all day today on the computer. “Doing work,” she says. Looks like she’s been taking pictures of things (not Me, BTW!!!) and making lists. I’m not sure how this qualifies as work, but she thinks it is. Real work is chewing a hole in the comforter so you can let all the poor, trapped stuffings free. Or barking at delivery men. Or even protecting the Big Dog Bed from the cat (this is a really hard task, BTW!). That stuff is work. Playing on the computer? Not so much.

Mom only got a couple of pictures of me today. Hello?!? McFly! (Sorry… I like to watch old movies!) If you are using the flashy box all day, you’d think she could get more than one or two pictures of me. But no! The nerve!

She was upstairs most of the afternoon, and so she got pictures of Mr. Bufus. (Yes, he's picked the sunniest spot in the house!


So what is a girl (or girls) to do? What else can you do? Nap.

But Mom did take me on a hike yesterday. And she got new hiking shoes (she says her old ones are falling apart - it wasn't my fault - honest!) so she's promising me a hike tomorrow.

Come ON, Mom!

We went on a new (shorter *ahem*) trail yesterday.


Here I am, contemplating the route, because that sign told me that I'd have to use my AWD mode. (Again, Mom didn't get too many pictures. She's been bad about that. She PROMISES she'll get lots of pictures of my birthday tomorrow. Or maybe Saturday, since she wants to do my party right - and I'd rather wait a day and have a GOOD party, rather than a rushed affair tomorrow.)

So I'll leave you with me as the Eternal Puppy of Doom!


*kissey face*
-Fiona

Pee Ess: Thanks for all the birthday wishes - and thanks for letting me know that I don't have to give up Puppyhood! That is a relief!

25 comments:

Kimberly said...

and what a cute little puppy you were and STILL ARE!! It's crazy how little you was and now you's so much biggers than the other doggy in the house wiffs you...

Sleep well big girl.. you've got a big day tomorrow..

Bell girl your floppy eared friend

The Army of Four said...

Seriously, don't give up puppyhood until it's right for you. I'm still a puppy! Sure... I'm well over 13.... but I am STILL a puppy because I SAY I am!!!
Ha rooo!
Tail wags,
Storms

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo are only as old or young as woo feel!

So just keep that in mind!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I am very scared of that puppy of doom picture Fiona..."shiver".

Happy Early ,Puppy the second year, Birthday!

Smileys!
Dory

Abby said...

Hi, Fiona...

I'm glad you decided to remain a puppy...Adult stuff doesn't sound good to me...

I'm "officially" not a puppy, but I still act like one most of the time...

Abby xxxoooo

Lorenza said...

Hi, Fiona!
Being and adult means lots of responsabilities and boring things!
Be a puppy forever!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

1000 Goldens said...

Ohhhhhhhh! So love the puppy picture. She looks like a baby in a puppy suit - the shape of her body is so cute!

Ms. ~K said...

Stay fur-ever young!!!
Maturity is over-rated!
Happy Bark-day to you,
Zack, Sassy and Buddy

Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

Yea why grow up when you don't have too right. Stay a fun pup as long as you can!

Live long puppy!

I have an award for you on my blog.

-Mollie and Bobo

Natalie said...

Are you kidding? You can be a puppy forever! Addie says she'll always be a puppy. You are one nice looking Doodle.... I like that you're sporting the nice clean shaved face! (of course, we're biased as we like Poodles ;) ) Great blog too. Look forward to reading more.

Martine said...

AGREED!!! you should never have to grow up... I'm an eternal pup and since I'm white I think I was born with the fountan of youth fur!

xo sugar & martine

The Oceanside Animals said...

Happy birthday, Fiona! Now if you'll excuse me I have to go reconcile myself to the fact that "Back to the Future" is now an old movie ...

Sally said...

Happy birthday! Thank you for dropping by our blog - you are very cute! And we agree - you can be a puppy forever - being an adult is very over rated!

Lots of licks
Sally and Paddy

Micki said...

Just always stay a kid at heart. Love your puppy pics. You are wa sweetheart.
Big doggy hug for you!
Micki

koko said...

Happy birthday, Fiona! And many happy returns. You are always a sweet little puppy :)

xoxo

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Happy Birthday Fiona. Java will be 12 next week and he still has some "puppy days".

Have a Fantastic Friday.
XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

Clive said...

Happy Birthday Fiona!

I arrived here at 14 months from Guide Dogs so the gang never saw me as a pup so they enjoy looking at your photos!!

take care
Clive

Heather and Pumpkin said...

Happy Barkday!

xoxo
Pumpkin

Brind'Amour Clumbers said...

YAY!!! for staying a puppy!!! Heck, my cousin is turning 8 and she still thinks she's a puppy. (We never told her anything different....)

Wiggles,
Brind'Amour

Nancy at the Farm said...

Happy Barkday! You sure were a cute puppy and you are still cute now! Go puppyhood!

Love, Dozer, Dottie and Cooper

Molly the Airedale said...

OMG, we NEED to be bestest of friend, Fiona! Our birthdays are on the same day! How cool is that!
Happy birthday - and many more............

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Unknown said...

"You're only young once...but you can be immature for a lifetime!"

That's my motto.

But I think you'll like the grown-up dress we've picked out for you for the wedding. And that handsome Goldendoodle Clive will be there as well...there could be romance in the air!

Happy 1st Birthday!

Your pal,

Petey

Kimberly said...

HAPPY BARKDAY - WHERE'S THE BARKDAY POST???


HAPPY HAPPY FUN FUN FUN FOR YOU

Nibbles Treats said...

Never give up the puppiness! Happy Birthday!

Lots of treats,
Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

a shorter walkie - whats with that

and using the flashie thing but not on you

wow you got problems

happy birthday

Woodrow, Sweetie & MJ