Monday, July 20, 2009

Heading home (for now)

Alas, the Royal and Ancient Golf Club apparently has Rules about slathering golf balls in bacon grease. And since I was the one who had applied said aforementioned bacon grease, I was banned from the grounds of Turnberry. Me? Banned? What are they thinking? The presence of my gorgeous countenance alone should have upped viewer-ship to the levels they would have had if Tiger had made the cut. *sigh. Anyhoo, I did the best I could, rooting for Tom for a distance. And frankly, for An Old Geezer (Dad takes a bit of offense at this, as he’s only a half decade younger than Tom Watson – but, as I point out, while Mr. Watson had a hip replaced, he hasn’t broken his neck…) he did fantastically! Yes, I would have liked to have seen him win (and I won’t lie - I would have liked a chance to pose with the Claret Jug!), but Stewart Cink is a nice guy, too, and he did play well.

Since I’m still in Europe, I’d like to go help Lance Armstrong, but apparently, the bicycling people have even more rules than the golf people about bacon grease. So, I’ll be winding up the rubber band on AirFiona, and heading home.

Expect lots of hiking pictures, and pictures of me with my new short summer ‘do’. Mom has been a little slow in the photo-taking. She must be sick, or something!

And lots of pictures of me napping after my hikes!


In the meantime, I’m thinking about my next trip on AirFiona. I haven’t decided on my next destination, but after my brief trip to Europe, it might be time to go back and spent a little more time ‘on the continent’. I’ll keep you posted. In the meantime, here are some pictures of my siblings…

Bufus, with the best sun-spot in the house!

There's a reason why TaiChi is often called the Dust Bunny!


*kissey face*

-Fiona

13 comments:

Mason Dixie said...

can't wait to see your hiking pictures, I love to hike too. he he your siblings are awesome. =)

Lorenza said...

I was rooting for Tom Watson too!
Nice pictures of Bufus and TaiChi!
Have a good night
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

koko said...

Hi Fiona, can we come onboard AirFiona too! Nice pics of the gang and will be waiting for your hiking posts...

xoxo

Ms. ~K said...

We wanted Tom to win!!!
Our Rama and Dad are senior citizens too...(56 and 57, teeheehee)

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello fiona its dennis the vizsla dog hay i do not understand all theez stoopid roolz i meen reely wot is better than bacon greese??? oh hmm let me think ummm nuthing!!! ok bye

Micki said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Next time you are in Europe, stop by Ireland.
Micki

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

We were thinking about you when we heard the news about Tom Watson. We thought we saw you when they panned the crowd on TV.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you were just trying to be helpful... too bad the authorities didn't see it like that.

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

sounds like a good trip - sorry about the bacon grease thing

Woodrow, Sweetie & MJ

Unknown said...

Hey Fee!

Maybe you could borrow my new bike basket and attach it to Lance's bike? Think of the view!

Your pal,

Petey

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

You must be sooo tired after all that "jet-setting" on Air Fiona!

Love the nappie pics and the pics of Tai Chi and Bufus.

Can't wait to see your hiking pictures!!
Smileys!
Dory

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Pakho and Milo might welkhome woo!

Woo khould see THE PUPPIES!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

The Army of Four said...

I can't wait to see your hiking pix! You should fly out here and we could go on a cool adventure together!
Play bows,
Zim