Sunday, July 12, 2009

Birthday Weekend Recap

My birthday weekend is drawing to a close. But Mom says that there are some pressies for me “In The Mail”, so apparently my birthday isn’t quite over yet. I could really get into this Everlasting-Pressie-Delivery thing.

BTW, this post is very photo-intensive. Because Mom seems to REALLY like using the flashy box. (And this is only a mere fraction of the pictures she took.)

But it has been a Busy Weekend. When I last left you, TaiChi and I had foodables. Very tasty “Peanut Butter Banana Snaps”. I’ve already told Mom to order some more of these. Like yesterday. Because I think TaiChi might eat them all if I’m not paying attention. She’s like that – very single-minded when it comes to food….

Anyway, after the foodables yesterday, we went on a hike. TaiChi is too old and completely uninterested in the hiking thing. She is a princess, and princesses apparently don’t hike. They stroll.

It was a great hike, although Mom ‘rolled’ her ankle a bit (she’s fine), so she said that we’d take today off. Instead, she and Dad went off on their two-wheeled thingys. I still don’t get this, but whatever. And how, exactly does this celebrate my birthday? Well, Mom and Dad seem to be happier after they do this two-wheeled thing, and if they are happy then it means more celebrating for me.

So, when Mom and Dad got back, I got to go zoom around the backyard. (And as we all know, Zooms Are Good.)

Then, Mom decided it was time for Pressies. Finally! What does a girl have to do around here to get pressies? Apparently wait for Mom to decide that It Is Time.

Here they all are, lined up together: a fish, a squeaky hamburger, a ‘Squido’ and a stuffie piece of birthday cake.

The ‘Squido’ was my immediate favorite.

Although the cake toy was pretty cool, too!

nom, nom, nom

The Squido was my favorite, though, so it didn’t last all that long. Oh well. Toys are meant to be destroyed, right?

Then Mom said that it was time to have cake. Cake! But if I was going to get cake, I was going to have to at least TRY to wear my party hat. Given that I’m not Super Excited about having Things On My Head, this was a multi-person project.

I finally let them get one decent picture. Mostly because Mom wouldn't let me have cake until she got a picture of me with the party hat on....

And then immediately tried to hide my embarrassment. C’mon, guys! I’m a dignified dog – do I REALLY have to be subjected to this hat thing?!? Although Mom argued that if even Bufus would wear a hat – under protest though it was – that I should at least try… Yeah. Whatever. Let’s get to the cake.

The cake.

Note from Fi’s Mom: The cake was supposed to say ‘Happy Birthday Fiona’. In all fairness to Waggy Tail Treats, they got the cake to us on time, and had marked the box marked ‘Fragile’ in several spots. In equal fairness to the postperson who delivers our mail: if you have to wedge a box in the mailbox So Hard that you actually move the mailbox, The Box Probably Doesn’t Fit and should be delivered to the doorstep. Especially if it says ‘Fragile’ on it. I understand that this means that you actually have to get out of your car, but it’s not like it was raining. Or snowing. Or more than 70s degrees out. Would it have killed you? You DID, however, manage to knock most of the lettering off the cake. Good thing we know how to use our imaginations (and already knew what the cake was supposed to say….*ahem*

Okay, okay. Enough with the pictures. Let’s EAT!!!

nom, nom, nom!

So, for a recap: 1) I don’t like things on my head, 2) Bufus is far more tolerant than any cat should have to be, 3) TaiChi is a princess, and deserves to wear a tiara, 4) cake is still quite tasty, even if it doesn’t look right (and 4a – even if Mom and Dad think that the cake “tastes like dirt”), 5) since we dogs don’t get as many birthdays in our lifetimes, EVERY birthday should last for several days, and 6) birthdays are So Cool that we should get them every couple of months (although we could keep the party hat thing as a once-a-year, or possibly a once-in-a-lifetime event).

BTW, thanks Granny and Grandpa for the Drs. Foster and Smith gift certificate. I don’t really know what a gift certificate is, but Mom says “It has already been put to good use”. Whatever that means!

And thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes! And I’m going to adopt Petey’s motto: "You're only young once...but you can be immature for a lifetime!" I can totally be immature!

*big kissey face to EVERYONE who made my birthday weekend so spectacular (and special kissey faces to TaiChi and Bufus who celebrated along with me) Thank You!!!!!*

-Fiona, the Yearling

21 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Fiona!
Thanks for sharing all those pictures!
Sorry about the cake but I am sure it tasted delicious!
I hope your mom is feeling well!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

Thanks for sharing Fiona! Great post. I love your barkday hat even though you were embarrassed you still look cute!

Happy Barkday,
Mollie and Bobo

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday weekend!!!!

Happy Staying a pup forever Smileys!!!
Dory

Kimberly said...

happy birthday it sure was .. woohoo bahrooooooooo Happy fur you Fi.. .and TaiChi got some goodness too - your ears look greeeeeat...

Bell girl

koko said...

That's a great way to spend your birthday. Wish I was there to share the joy... and the cake too!

Unknown said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Fiona!! What a wonderful packed weekend you had - especially packed with presents!! And I'm sure that cake still tasted yummy even though some of the letters came off.

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane
ps. I LOVED that photo of you zooming - especially your ears!! Ha! Ha!

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Thanks for sharing - great pressies, great cake and a great time.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

Happy Barkday!!! Thanks for sharing it looked like so much fun!!!!!! Bark at the mail guy next time though, show him what you think of his maneuvers!
Sophie, Dixie, & Harley

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello fiona its dennis the vizsla dog hay that is a shaym abowt the squido but yoo no wot they say all gud things come to an end so it stands to reezon that the better sumthing is the kwicker it comes to an end rite??? ok bye

Life With Dogs said...

Glad you had what appears to have been a perfect birthday! :) I love your motto - it fits me but I promise not to steal it!

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

happy birthday again

looks liek you had a great time

woodrow sweetie mj

Martha said...

Hi Fiona
Those were great pictures. Loved the ones with you in your party hat!
What great toys you got too.
That must have been the best birthday ever!
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Happy belated Woofday Fiona. We are glad you enjoyed the cake. You are right, we dogs should get birthday celebrations every couple of months(minus the party hats).

Sniff,
Sam & June

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What a grrrrreat way to spend a furst birfday!

The khool part is they'll keep getting better!

Eventually woo will get a new khar or something fun like that!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

1000 Goldens said...

Fiona - you momma made me laugh out loud with her postperson play-by-play. So funny! The cake still tasted good without the letters, right? I'm glad you had an awesome birthday!

Anonymous said...

Gee that was an awesome barkday! Happy birthday Fiona! You're a cutie.. :)

Dexter said...

Miss Fiona,
Oh my, a secret admirer for the Mango? My hear quickens.

My momma messed up the letters on my birthday cake too. Didn't make it taste bad, though, and since it was made of livers I didn't have to share with HER.

You not only had a great birthday, but learned many lessons. Thank you for the helpful recap.

My auntie and uncle like two wheelie things with motors and they live in a place called Sturgis which I guess is where the two wheelie peoples go every summer. Whatever.

Slobbers,
Mango

Astrid Keel said...

Fiona, you're a princess too... you need a shiny tiara not a... um... hat!

My momster completely agrees with your mommy regarding the postal service. Urgh! Would it kill them to actually do their jobs?!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day! Hey I have a baby squid toy too!!!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday! It looked like a lot of fun.

Enjoy!

Jenny
http://www.poochieheaven.com

Molly the Airedale said...

Your squido looks kinda like our wubba, Fiona! Our wubba didn't last too long either!
Your cake looks delicious!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch