Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hikes and cars and stuff

No hike for me today. All because Mom and Dad went off to do the car racing thing. They were supposed to be gone all day (Uncle Larry came over and let me and TaiChi outside while Mom and Dad were gone), but they came back in the early afternoon. Apparently the car they were driving broke.

Mom says that it is NOT her fault, but cars seem to Mysteriously Break around here. Lessee. She was driving two separate cars when their respective clutches had to be replaced. She drove into a ‘pot hole’ (read: the Grand Canyon) that destroyed everything in the passenger-side wheel well (struts, axle, tire/wheel, etc.,etc.). Anyhoo, if Mom says that she didn’t break the car today, I’ll believe her. *wink*wink*


Note from Fi's Mom: It really wasn't my fault - the power steering system we have in the car has, uh, issues. I just had the bad luck to be in the middle of my run group when it went. At least I didn't lose the power steering (and dump the fluid on the ground) the middle of the course! That would have made a mess, and would have sucked to get the car back to the trailer.

Apparently it shouldn't be too hard to fix the car, but it did end their day early. Which meant that they had more time to spend with Meeeee!!! So how is this bad?!?

This is the car Mom broke (the picture is from a different race last year - when the car wasn't broken!).

Anyway, Mom and Dad were kind of bummed that they didn’t get to race all day. Dad and Uncle Charlie got in 4 runs, and Mom got in 2. Mom has been grumbling and muttering something about “Stock” cars all afternoon. She’s also been fixating on this picture. I think the color would clash with my magnificent coat.


And the backseat is non-existent. How am I supposed to stick my head out of the window when there is No Real Window in the backseat?!? And yet Mom is acting like this car is a ginormous bag of Pupperoni. Humans are weird. But don't worry, I'm sure I can talk her out of it!

BTW, Mom and Dad didn’t take the House With Wheels to the race because it was close, and just a one-day event. Which is why TaiChi and I stayed at home with the air conditioning. And toys, and chewies, and the Big Dog bed all to ourselves.

And since Mom and Dad were gone, we got the teevee controllers - and watched Animal Planet rather than that silly tennis and bicycling stuff!

I did however, get to go on hikes both Friday and Saturday. And mom is promising me that we will go out on a hike tomorrow. So I guess it is okay. Even if Mom did break the car….

A hike with a view!

Hopefully I'll have some other hiking pictures tomorrow!

*kissey face*
-Fiona



18 comments:

Heather and Pumpkin said...

Your pawrents race cars? That is really cool! I love to ride in cars. I hardly ever get to, unless mommy gets us a taxi, and then we ride together in the back seat.

xoxo
Pumpkin

Brind'Amour Clumbers said...

Hi Fiona, I'm glad you got to go on your hike! What a really nice view! you are one lucky doggie!!!!

Wiggles,
Brind'Amour

PS - I like your car!

Checkers & Chess said...

Hey Fi! Glad you had a cool 4th - sorry your mom broke the car - but that car racing stuff seems kinda dangerous to me so maybe it's best that she broke it. That looks like a really great place to walk! Enjoy it it!

Nibbles Treats said...

Hi Fiona. So glad you were able to get your Animal Planet fix over the weekend along with a few walks. We don't like to ride in cars but think it is great that your rents like them. Someone has to know how to drive us around when the time arises.

Lots of treats,
Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

It would be fun fur Mom and me to race my Xterra - but the only racing she gets to do with it is up and down I-81 to fetch pups!

I hope woo get some special EXTRA walks!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Hi Fiona! Wow..the WHOLE big bed to yourself PLUS the remotes...Sounds like a fun day! Sorry your Mommys day wasn't quite as good!

Smileys!
Dory

Unknown said...

No worries, Fiona, no passport needed! You can fly over on AireRuby with the rest of the gang and bypass immigration altogether.

Your pal,

Petey

Martha said...

Hi Fiona
Make sure the house on wheels goes to the car racing and that way you will go too!
Hope the broken car gets fixed!
You do look so comfy on that great big bed - and you got out for a nice walk so perhaps it wasnt too bad.
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

The Army of Four said...

WOWZERS, what a VIEW!
Play bows,
Zim

Daisy Dog said...

Hiking looks like fun!

Dog By Nature said...

Every car needs a dog window! Looking forward to the hike pictures.

Astrid Keel said...

wow! Your parents are so cool - not like mine who are 100% boring when they're not paying attention to me.

Looking forward to hiking pics!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Fiona!
Sorry about your Mom's car! Sure it will be fixed for the next race!
I hope you go hiking!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Dexter said...

I wish I could get the TV control. All we ever watch is dumb baseball.

I like the ear blowing in the wind.

Slobbers,
Mango

koko said...

Hi Fiona,

Ask mommy to bring you along for car races, then perhaps the car won't break down... yup, animal planet is much better then tennis or golf!

Doby and Lola said...

Your mom & dad race cars?! Our grandpa does that too! Our mom was learning a little bit, but she said it was just too much money right now. My grandpa has a miata, too. That is so neat! Sorry your mom's car broke, that is never fun. And NOW she will be busy doing "stuff" to the car until it is fixed!

Glad you got to watch whatever you wanted on TV though.

Love,
Doby and Lola

Ms. ~K said...

Racing cars? Very cool!
Hike On!
Buddy Boy

Martine said...

Hikes sound real fun!!!