Monday, March 16, 2009

Another day, another pattern

 


I haven't quite decided yet if this one is morbid or not. Regardless, I find it quite funny - especially the rather satisfied look on the cat's face. I was also debating on whether or not to add the 'you are what you eat' part, but when I couldn't think of anything more clever to put in its place, I went with that.

Next? I'm going to start on a pattern for some friends of ours here in Parker. They have been very helpful on the cat front; they've loaned us one of their cat carriers numerous times, sacrificed their 'maple syrup' when Bufus had extremely low blood sugar, scoured the park for real sugar (in case he needed that, instead), and offered to go to Lake Havasu with me when I took Bufus in on his emergency visit, where it was unclear whether Bufus was going to live or not. So, to thank them for all their help, I am going to do a pattern called 'A Tale of Two Kitties' with these two cats innocently sitting on a windowsill, having left mass destruction behind them. This couple has two kitties, and I think they'll find it amusing (as their cats have been known to go on rampages throughout their 5th wheel). It won't be done and framed and everything until they get back to Washington state, so I'll be mailing it to them - hopefully it will be a nice surprise for them.

In other news, it's in the 80s - possibly to hit 90 today - and, unfortunately, Gary is still sick. Since the weekend is done (and the big powerboats have gone back to California for the week), I'll probably take a kayak out for a while, and then take Fiona out on a jog when it cools down. It'll be nice when Gary gets healthy enough that we can start cycling again. In the meantime, I'll be a cross-stitching fool!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: