Tuesday, August 9, 2011

More Doggie Class Excitement

Hiya! Mom's been slacking, uh, busy with other stuff, so we've got a few doggie classes to catch up on...

Last week, in my class we did this thing where we were supposed to get all excited, and then calm down all of a sudden. Now I will admit that I've got certain 'triggers' that get me all bouncy and excited (people ringing my doorbell, fr'instance), but Mom jumping around with squeaky toys isn't one of them...


Yeah, um...


Calming down wasn't really too tough. Some of my other class-mates were more easily excited, and so the class was focused on them...


Which was just fine. I got to pose for Mom a lot:

Hi Mom!

Heh. My class meets on Friday afternoons and we are outside for most of the class, so we get a lot of people walking by, and while the other doggies were working on being calm (really, I've got pictures of a calm labradude!), I have a lot of visitors. Strangers were coming up and petting me and telling me how beautiful I am. Heh. I know I'm pretty, but it's always nice to be told so, especially by complete strangers. Being around strangers has not been one of my strong suits (talk about things that get me excited!), but with a liberal application of turkey hotdogs from Mom, I had a great time on Friday! I LOVED people telling me how pretty I am! I was even approached by a little kid, and I didn't get all spooked (but I did get a lot of turkey hotdogs). Since Mom was feeding me turkey hotdogs, and Jessi was working with the other doggies, there aren't any pictures of this, but trust me - I was GREAT!!! Who knows, maybe I'll be a Good Citizen one of these years!

Speaking of 'good citizens'.... Oh. Wait. Calm labradude picture, first, so you don't think I'm lying. Cooper was totally getting the calm thing down!


Oh, and labradude water art...


Heh. That's some talent, dontcha think?

Okay, so on to the 'Good Citizen'. Let's just say that Mom's latest plan to get Abby to pass is to soak her shorts in beef juice. Oh. Wait. I didn't say that. But don't be surprised if Mom accidentally drops a cheeseburger in her pocket right before Abby's test. Heehee.

But seriously? Apparently Abby was TOTALLY BANANAS in her class today. Look at this face:


Does that look like a good citizen to you? Looks like a crazy citizen to me...

They started off with a little 'play session' that Mom couldn't get good shots of because of the lighting, but here's an idea of what goes on behind closed 'good citizen' doors!

That blonde blur is my 'good citizen' sister going bananas on Indie, the sweetie pit bull.

And then a few moments later, Abby looks like she's a good citizen, right?


Well, that lasted about 2 seconds (if that...)...

Bye!

Yeah, um... So, let's move on to later in the class.... Abby was being Such A Doofus that Jessi had to 'handle' Abby in the 'greeting another person with a dog' exercise. And even then, Abby had a tough time keeping it together.


Notice her inability to stay seated? Yeah. Let's just say that Little Miss Fluff Brain had a wee bit of a Tough Time today. However, she did have One Shining Moment when she was supposed to 'stay' while Mom walked away from her, and then back to her...


So, I guess that's progress. Notice the complete lack of other doggies? Yeah. That's probably why Abby was able to 'complete' this task.... *ahem*

The rest of the time? She was trying to contain her Innate Goofiness...


All of which is why Mom is thinking about slathering herself in Eau du Hamburger moments before Abby's test.... Luckily Abby's got another week of 'practice' before the Big Test Day.

The class was not a total loss, however. Jessi brought her dog Lulu today, and Lulu is a serious cutie. She's been to our house before, and she's total funballs to play with. Lulu is the little teeny dog in the middle there.... She's a 'Bug' - a Boston Terrier/Pug mix


Lulu totally holds her own with the other doggies - notice how she's grinning at Abby's attempts to chase her?


Heehee. And, Jessi definitely loved having Lulu around:


Awww. Isn't Lulu a cutie?!?

Anyhoo, if any of you have any suggestions of how Mom can keep Abby's attention during the Good Citizen test (you know, meat clothing, blue cheese perfume, etc.), please let me know, as I think she's gonna need all the help she can get!

Oh, and in other excitement? We've been going to the park a lot (but Mom hasn't been taking pictures for some reason, although she promises to do better...) and playing frisbee in the backyard.


Never a dull moment!

Heehee!

*kissey face*
-Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

14 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

Sure sounds like a fun class up until they told you to calm down
Benny & Lily

Anonymous said...

If dogs could speak, I think they would be telling us to 'calm down' most of the time (lol). I can't imagine what I must look like to Miss Maple when I'm chasing her around the coffee table trying to retrieve from her mouth a stolen object from the floor!

Dexter said...

I flunked the get excited and calm down test too. Why get all wound up when you don't need to?

Slobbers,
Mango

The Army of Four said...

Oh. I like the water art the Labradude made. Very artistic!
Luv,
Dave

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Looks like you are rocking that class Fiona!! Abby isn't doing too bad herself!

Smileys!
Dory, Jacob and Bilbo

Kari in Alaska said...

Love the water art

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Kippy Marrie said...

Olá... Achei voces lindos.
Desculpe... Não falo inglês, mas quero ser amiguinha de voces.
Meu nome é Kippy e sou uma York que ama brincar e ser feliz.
Minha mamãe me ajuda com o blog, ela é jornalista e se chama Lilly e também AMA todos os bebês de pêlos.... Que bom!
Visite meu blog quando der, ok?
Estou te seguindo.
Aus e beijos

Kippy Marrie e Lilly (mamãe)

Bocci said...

Ha! Water art-very good! Looks like a fun time was had by all!

bichonpawz said...

"Innate Goofiness"!!! Ha!! Positively LOVE it!! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

Jan said...

The Labradoodle looks like the Picasso of the dog world. With those two water loving breeds in him he is a natural for that art medium.

Mogley G. Retriever said...

You have been holding out on us again. When you miss-behave you get turkey hot dogs? And you did not tell us? We will try it and let you know how well it works at our house.

Mogley G. Retriever

Road Dog Tales said...

haha Are you sure Abby's leash isn't bolted to the floor in that "stay" pic?? BOL! Man, your Mom makes you girls work hard for the hot dogs, eh? We think beef-soaked shorts would totally do the trick. Of course, she might have ALL the dogs heeling at her side :)

The Road Dogs

D.K. Wall said...

We think we should drop by just for the entertainment factor - of us being anywhere near the concept of obedience.

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Golden Hello. Just passing by to say Lots of Golden Thanks for your Barkday Wishes. I had a PAWSOME Barkday. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Such an artist with your Water Design on the ground. Golden Woofs