Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Rumblin' with the Hippobottomus

First of all, I am not ashamed of being called "Puddin' Head". It's not like I'm being called "Abacus" or something... ;-)

You may (or may not) have noticed that the alien mutant pod puppy monster my dear, sweet sister and I have not had any WDWC (World Dog Wrestling Championship) match-ups as of late. This is totally Mom's fault. Up until a couple of days ago it has been blistering hot (we're in the mountains; 90 degrees is searing), and as a result, so says Mom the backyard has been really dusty, and because certain dogs who shall remain nameless *cough*Abby*cough* end up rolling around in the dirt, Mom has been complaining about the amount of dust that we bring in after my little sister gets schooled a friendly bout of bitey-face in the back yard. *sheesh* So we get a little dusty. What's the problem?

Anyhoo, Mom nixed outdoor bitey face. I told her that I have the ASPCA's number on speed-dial, and that I'm not afraid to use it; Mom had the nerve to tell me that she didn't think my call would be 'high priority'. Whatever...

However, it was rainy and cold and icky and damp a couple of days ago, and Mom decreed that it was okay for us to go back to our bitey-facing. It's about time, lady. Thanks, Mom!

Let the games begin!


Let's just say that the youngster may be a hippobottomus, but she's no match for me!

On land, at least... I'll give her the water...


But hippobottomuses are NOT land animals...

I am a gazelle.

Whereas the Hippobottomus, is, well, not so much...

Oh, and here's a symptom of Puppy Brain Syndrome; the little mutant spent about 20 minutes trying to decide which of the two balls she should pick up... Will she ever grow up?!? *sheesh*

*kissey face*
-Fiona and Abby the Mutant Alien Pod Puppy

15 comments:

Kari in Alaska said...

Glad you finally got to have some bitey face time!

Don't forget, we moved to http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Two Pitties in the City said...

I can't believe how amazing she is in the water. She sure looks speedy.

Granite State Pet Sitting said...

They Look like they are having such a fun time. Love the Pictures.
Thanks for sharing!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

So, she's a keeper?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Dexter said...

I am surprised that the hippobottomus is so floaty in the water. I would have thought she would be a bit, er, bottom heavy. Live and learn.

Slobbers,
Mango

1000 Goldens said...

Hippobottomus is my new favorite word and I intend to use it in a sentence daily from this day forward. Love, Farley

bbes tribe said...

Sure glad you got in some bitey-face time finally & swimming. You were in dire need!!!!
Wags
Ernie,Sasha,Chica

Molly the Airedale said...

We absolutely love your bitey-face action shots!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

BRUTUS said...

Wow, Fi!! You really DO look like a gazelle in that one photo, all four feet sprung off the ground! No doubt you could exel at agility! And it looks like you are totally laughing at Abby there too!

Snorts-
Brutus & Carmen

Heather and Pumpkin said...

Whew! I am glad I've never been called a hippobottomus!

xoxo
Pumpkin

3 doxies said...

You is Fiona, course da ASPCA will makes it a high priority...duh!
I love me a good game of bitey face. Though sometimes it hard to talk Brudder into it.
I just loves them action shots you fotoperson got.

Puddles

Clive said...

I think Clive is feeling a bit lonely looking at those photos with Murray! You two have so much fun together!

take care
Murray's Mom

Taffy said...

Did you roll your eyes like I do when you said "whatever"? That definitely makes a hoooge difference in how the parents take that comment. Give it a try. Great pics too! Do you think my mom will get mad if I call her a hippobottomus?
Snuggles,
Twix

bichonpawz said...

Bitey face is the BEST!!! We love it!!! We wish we could do it ALL the time.....like 24/7...but like you said...the mama nixed THAT idea!! GO for it!!! xoxoxo Chloe and LadyBug

Sierra Rose said...

Let the bitey face competition begin again!!! Love the gazelle photo :) You two have such fun times!!!!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose