Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I am the Queen of the Land!

Mom and Dad have been taking us on walks pretty much every day, and so there has been much swimming action. Or, at least swimming on Abby's part. Me? I'm a little afraid to go in the water, because, well, there's a Monster in the water!!!!


Seriously.... Doesn't that picture look kind of familiar???

Yeah, so I'm not rushing into the water. I think I'll stick to wading for now.


Besides, Abby tries to steal ALL the tennis balls. Just because she's this amazing swimmer....

*show off*

However, by sticking to the shore, I've been able to work on my social skills.

This little guy (Hugo) was only 6 weeks old, and quite the little cutie.

And this gal just popped by to say hi.


And we had an unconfirmed Brutus sighting!

Okay, so maybe it wasn't Brutus, but since it was getting kind of busy, we just sniffed and said goodbye.

Anyhoo, I know you are looking at these pictures saying, "Fi, you said you are Queen of the Land, but all I see is your little mutant sister swimming around." And you would be right. Abby the Mutant Loch Ness Monster Puppy is a super swimmer. And has temporarily turned me off the whole swimming thing (although I like getting in and getting wet and cool).

But for now, the water is really Abby's domain (as much as it pains me to say that).

However, when it comes to chasing tennis balls on land? I reign supreme!

Eat my dust, you little mutant monster!

Catch me if you can, you little fat-bottomed girl!

Heh. Not. Even. Close.

She doesn't even know the proper etiquette. I don't know if she thinks she'll get a faster launch if she doesn't lie down, or maybe she somehow thinks that standing there will get Dad to throw the balls faster.


Not so much, kiddo!

Watch and learn, you wee beastie! (Well, don't learn too well. I don't want you ruining another sport for me...)


Fun times. And yes, I am The Queen!!!!

Even if the Mutant Puppy is a camera hog...

So, in other excitement... It's been hot, so we are done with all of our swimming/hiking/fetching by noon, and Mom has been taking the afternoons to "work". She's writing a novel, and so the afternoons are perfect snoozle time for us while she writes. And yes, she tends to scatter reference books everywhere!

In the afternoons we also allow Dad to practice the standing dog lift...

And at night? We've been getting some unusual cloud formations. Mom assures me that we were not temporarily transported to Venus, but I don't believe her....

Seriously spooky!

But to not leave you with spooky sky pictures, here are pictures of our name tags, courtesy of Fetching Tags :

Mine....

And Mutant Puppy's tag...

I think that says it all!!!

*kissey face*
-Fiona, Queen of the Land, and Abby, the Mutant Puppy

10 comments:

D.K. Wall said...

We will leave the swimming to you! Freeze that pond over, though, and it sounds like a party we want to come to.

bichonpawz said...

Ah...the novel might explain why we haven't seen your mom around lately! It is very hot here too!! Fortunately we have A/C in our House on Wheels...and we sure have been enjoying that!! Looks like you guys are keeping cool in the water! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Hail to the QUEEN!!

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Ruairi

BRUTUS said...

You guys are living the life, I tell ya! Mom working from home, walkies & swimming every day... sigh. Loved that you included you Frenchie sighting - perhaps I have a body double??

Snorts-
Brutus the Frenchie

3 doxies said...

Holy cow looka t them clouds, it a shame it ain't Halloween cuz dat would be some serious FUN times messing withs da peoples. You know likes howling and stuffs...hehehe!

Puddles

1000 Goldens said...

You are the luckiest dogs, I swear. I love that first photo and the ones of you smushed up with Dad :) Very nice you got to meet Brutus's stunt double!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

How long ago was it that woo thought she'd nevFUR get in the water???

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Lorenza said...

Sure you are Queen of the Land!
Looks like you and Abby had lots of fun there, swimming and meeting friends!
I can see your Mom is working hard on her novel!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

The Oceanside Animals said...

Hahahaha! Monster Tuchus!

Kari in Alaska said...

ah I love the tags!

don't forget, we've moved to dogisgodinreverse.com