Tuesday, March 26, 2019

It's Been a While

Yes, Mom has been slacking again in helping me update my bloggie. If I had thumbs, I'd do it myself, but no thumbs, so no typing for me... In all fairness, Mom has been kind of busy, what with the Great Kibble Provider (aka the University and being a nerdy number-cruncher and all), and the animal shelter, and my swimming and stuff.  And she did actually hire a photographer (something about how she can't really get good photos of herself by herself, and since the last really good photo of me and Mom is 8 years old, she thought it was time!) a little over a week ago so she could get some updated Mother-Daughter photos (that would be me and Mom), as well as some photos of Mom with the three of us (Dad totally had to assist with that, as my sisters have NOT learned the fine art of modeling), and some family photos of Mom and Dad, and Daisy and Lucy-Fur and me (a couple of which were not complete chaos).  Good times, and Mom will eventually be making her final choices on the photos, which she will share when she's got them. 

In the meantime, while Mom has been Busy with Stuff (Granny, you will recognize 'Being Busy with Stuff' as much like having Things To Do...) we had been enjoying Spring.  Our snow is starting to melt, but with so much of it, there is still plenty of it for the Crazy Sisters to do whatever it is they do...

Um, yeah. Whatever this is.

I don't know if Lucy-Fur is about to attack Demon Dog, or if this is independent but proximally located insanity. It's hard to tell with these two.

And yet another round of Chew Off Part of a Bush and Try to Steal it From Your Sister. (There are usually several rounds a day. On the upside, Mom isn't going to have to prune those bushes this year...)
Of course, there is much levitation in the back yard. The electricity bill on the anti-gravity field must be pricey! Unless, of course, it is solar-powered....




Lucy-Fur's favorite type of attack is the flying attack (I suspect she watches Pink Panther movies on the sly and is trying to be Cato...)
I keep telling her that gravity is more than just a good idea, that it's the law, but I guess when you are named Lucy-Fur, the laws don't apply to you!
Of course, regular zoomies are good, too.  (Anything to wear these two out!)
No zoomies like snow zoomies!
Black Dog even looks crazy doing zoomies.



Where am I in all of this, you ask? Sitting next to Mom and eating snacks.  (It's the safest place to be - better to be one large, potentially more formidable-looking target than two smaller targets. Besides, Mom has snacks.)
"Hi. I see you have snacks. I like snacks, and I know you like to share..."

"How about a smooch?"

"No, seriously, snacks please."

"Just not *those* snacks. I want the good ones!"
Lucy-Fur is also mastering the art of Sitting for Snacks. (No wonder she's a little zaftig! Of course, since she also steals my breakfast, that contributes to her zaftigness, I would think..)

But she IS cute. Which is why I let her steal my breakfast....
We also got our furs trimmed about a week and a half ago (right before the Family Photo session - I think Mom actually planned it that way!).  Here's our 'before' photo:

Mom had to stand over us because certain doggies kept inching in for snacks - which is why certain doggies also had one of their ears cut off in the photo... Seriously, the youth of today does not have the patience for modeling! 
Once we got our furs trimmed, we were all very aerodynamical!


"Why yes, I AM regal. Thank you for noticing!"

You can't groom away the crazy...



Lucy-Fur stalking her prey, the Black Demon Dog.

Serious demon eyes. Those eyes are not Photoshopped to look that way - Daisy just couldn't control her inner demon... 

On the other hand, I am totally Saint Fiona the Patient!
I have been swimming on Fridays, too, which is always good fun. Mom is waiting for it to warm up a bit before she gets back in the pool (something about not wanting to freeze while she dries me off), so you'll have to deal with some 'aerial' photos until Mom gets back into the underwater photos!




Sometimes I let Angela win when we race for the ball. I'm nice that way!
As much as I like chasing tennis balls in the pool (and I do!) I REALLY love the massage part of swimming! Angela always finds Just The Right Spots!


Have a great week!

*kissey face*
-Saint Fiona the Patient, Crazy Daisy, and Lucy-Fur

1 comment:

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "Wow, those are some kind of aerial photos all right. Does your mom have a helicopter?"
Chaplin: "She probably just climbed up a beam and perched in the rafters. I mean, that's how *I* would do it."