Sunday, April 29, 2018

Good Times!

Our weather has been really nice this week (other than Mom complaining about allergies and itchy eyes and whatever.... *sigh*) so there has been much zooming around the yard, with and without tennis balls.

The youngsters, of course, run around like the crazy nutters that they are.






For the record (and as you will see later), Lucy-Fur didn't actually catch those tennis balls - but she's very good at picking them up off the ground!


Totally insane.
She even looks crazy when she takes a break!  We don't call her Crazy Daisy for nothing, you know!



Unlikely that she caught that one!
Speaking of catching tennis balls (or not catching them, as the case may be), I'd like to show you three different techniques for catching tennis balls.

First, there's me. I employ a classic style that actually involves catching the tennis ball (a concept that seems to be foreign to the youngsters).




It's really not that difficult.

Or possibly it is, because the youngsters haven't *quite* mastered this yet.

Seriously. I think she just closes her eyes and opens her mouth and hopes.  Oy.
I'm a little concerned that Lucy-Fur might be studying Daisy's "technique"...




Lucy, dear Lucy, please don't do that.  Seriously. Watch this instead.


I think she's getting the idea of keeping her eye on the ball, but she hasn't really got the idea of catching it.  (She might just not care.  Which would be okay.  If she just wants to bounce, that's okay, too.  I've known a blonde dog who was super bouncy and had very little interest in the catching elements of the process, so if Lucy-Fur follows in Abby's footsteps, that would be okay, too.)

She didn't catch it, but she's working on the bounce!
And, Lucy-Fur is learning to throw the ball for herself.  Not really learning to catch it, but she's getting really good at flipping it up in the air!


And she's got an excellent pounce!


And, she looks pretty cute prancing in the morning sun with a ball in her mouth, so there's that, too!



Yes, I've said it. Lucy is cute. I actually sort of like the wee beastie, as she generally distract Daisy from attackling me (not always...)

Seriously?!? This is why you have your own puppy, Daisy!
I don't even mind when she nudges in on my breakfast!  (And if that isn't a sign that I like Lucy-Fur, I don't know what is!)

I guess breakfast with a friend is okay...

To wrap up the week, I had my swimming/massage session.  So AWESOME!!!

"Hey, wait, I want that tennis ball!"

Watch me use those hind leggies to go get that tennis ball!

And execute turns in the pool!

Zoom zoom!

Resistance training!

Hi Angela!
And if you have any doubt about how much I love the swimming, well, kissey face-ing Angela should show you how much I love this!


Have a great week!

*kissey face*
-Saint Fiona the Patient, Crazy Daisy, and Lucy-Fur

3 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Don't worry. You girls will be catching those tennis balls like pros in no time at all!

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello fiona daisy and lucy its dennis the vizsla dog hay i gess the padawans stil havent gradyooayted to the ketching the ball part yet huh??? if it mayks them feel enny better my sister charlee duznt ketch her ball eether wel not in her mowth ennyway sumtimes she grabs it owt of the air with her majik stikky paws!!! hay fiona that is sum gud buttering up the keeper of the watery tub of dum keep it up and eventchooally i bet yoo wil git a massadj withowt having to akchooally enter the watery tub of dum!!! ha ha ok bye

World of Animals, Inc said...

These photos are absolutely incredible! They are so clear and vivid, looks like you guys had an amazing day together. Need a day like this with my pups. Thanks for the share, keep up the posts.
World of Animals