Sunday, January 28, 2018

The Eyes Have It

Well, apparently one of my eyes has 'it'. Where 'it' is a "uveal melanoma" (I had Mom look that up for me).  It sounds bad, but apparently it is benign, but if it isn't zapped, there is the possibility that I would lose that eye.  Which doesn't sound too good to me. Not that there is anything wrong with one-eyed doggies, but if it is possible for me to avoid the pirate look, I would just as soon not have to go around with a parrot on my shoulder.

Naw, I don't think I'd look good with an eye patch. Or a parrot.

Anyway, I am on some antibiotics for another issue (nothing serious) so when I am done with those, the ophthalmologist (Mom now knows how to spell that!) vet will laser the melanoma thingy and I can get on with things. I will keep you posted, but hopefully it will be No Big Deal! (And Mom is hoping that our next visit to the vet in Salt Lake will not then entail a drive home in a snowstorm during rush hour....)

I just don't think I can pull off the pirate look!
And this laser zapping procedure shouldn't affect my frisbee activities.



Which is a good thing, because clearly Daisy isn't going to be a Frisbee-catching queen.  (And Lucy has No Idea what to do with a Frisbee in the air...)

I keep trying to tell her to keep her eyes on the Frisbee, but does she listen to me?

This is not *exactly* what I mean about keeping her eye on the Frisbee... Apparently Crazy Black Dog is a Literal Black Dog...

I don't even know what to day about this one.  *sigh*
As I said, Lucy has no idea what to do with the Frisbee when it is in the air, but she's very photogenic once she gets the Frisbee off the ground...




Daisy and Lucy-Fur can spend hours and hours and hours (and hours and hours) playing bitey-face inside, but when they get outside, they apparently forget how to bitey-face.  (Well, Lucy does - Daisy is perfectly happy to bitey ME...)  Instead, they like to chase each other (I stick close to Mom during these events, as 100+ combined pounds of zooming beasts is a little terrifying).  Usually with frisbees.




When Daisy doesn't have a Frisbee, she likes to show off ALL of her white teeth, just like she was part of the Osmond or something!
The do like to tug the frisbees around (you will notice that we have some new frisbees - while the youngsters haven't killed any frisbees lately, they have managed to bury several in the snow, as neither seems to remember that they are both part retriever...).

Maybe they should be wearing helmets for this...

Is it me, or does Daisy have an 'uh-oh' look here?

Yes, Daisy, Lucy-fur won. Again...
I think Lucy might be trash-talking here. 
And I think this is what Daisy has to say about all of this!

Pfffth.
Heehee.  Seriously, I think Lucy-Fur's middle name should be Karma.  Because all of this makes me giggle!

Have a great week!

*kissey face*
-Saint Fiona the Patient, Crazy Daisy, and Lucy-Fur

2 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

I am sending lots and lots of AireZen and POTP your way, Fiona!

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello fiona its dennis the vizsla dog oh hay wow i do not like things wot end in oma but i am glad that they kan zap this wun with wun of those alan parsons projekt lasers!!! if yoo need to borrow sum shayds to keep the sun owt of yore eyes after that let me no and i wil hav spicoli huk yoo up!!! and hay dada just went to the idoctor and the idoctor told him he has littel tiny katarakts in his eyes so aparntly their is just sum istuff going arownd rite now i gess!!! ok bye