Sunday, October 9, 2016

Daisy is No Archbishop of Canterbury

But,

Will no one rid me of this meddlesome beast?!?

*ahem*

Don't get me wrong. Daisy is cute, and as far as puppies go, she's not too bad.  And trust me, I know. Daisy had her first official puppy class on Saturday, and I went too, partially because Mom didn't want to leave me home alone (I would have been FINE; just cue up a couple of seasons of Dogs with Jobs on Netflix, give me a bowl of snacks, and life would have been fine), and partially because she thought it would be great family bonding.  Yuh.  Whatever. All those little puppy monsters made me all nervous, and so I did all the exercises behind a little screen - I could see Dad and Daisy (and Mom, of course) but I didn't have to see all the little puppy monsters.  So I guess that was a plus with class - I did get to see that I could have a puppy sibling that is much crazier than Daisy.

But still.  I went out for some quality tennis ball time this weekend, and the wee beast joined me. Which is totally fine. She has to learn important skills like chasing tennis balls and barking at the neighbors, but she hasn't quite figured out that I am the Queen of the Tennis Balls.

See, I am the Queen!

Her leggies are WAY too short to run with me!

And yet she seems to think she can engage me in Tennis Ball Games.
Daisy even thinks she is a Big Dog and can chase tennis balls like me.



I'll admit it; she's got attitude. And maybe in time she'll be an excellent tennis ball protege. But in the meantime, seems to think that if she can't chase tennis balls, she can just bitey me, instead.

Lookit those mini Jaws of Doom!

No, Daisy, my leg does NOT taste like chicken, no matter what you say!
Did I mention that Daisy has been diagnosed as Just Plain Nuts? Apparently that is a common condition for puppies....
*sigh*

However, she does wear out fairly quickly, and then she plops down in the grass...



Leaving me free to chase more tennis balls!


But I'm getting more used to the wee beastie.  Even if she tries to bitey me all the time! But I think when I get her trained, we'll make a great team!



Have a great week!

*kissey face*
-Fiona and Crazy Daisy

7 comments:

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

The "wee beastie" term takes me back to the days of yore and Mango....his pet name for me...among other things that were not half as flattering....first of all kudos to your photographer, Fi....she is simply beyond amazing....you and the little Squirt are adorable together....BTW, have you had tail extensions put in? Your tail seems quite long....or perhaps it seems that way as Daisy's is quite tiny yet. I'm sure those little puppy teeth are painful, really...I suggest very vigorous tug of war games....make those sharp needles fall right out in droves. Good luck with that. WELCOME DAISY! XXOO Scruffy, Lacie and Babystan, too

Molly the Airedale said...

You look very happy, Fi - even if Daisy is biting you non-stop. We know she adores you♥ You girls are going to make a wonderful team when she grows up a wee bit!

The Army of Four said...

She couldn't have a better tennis ball mentor than you!
Cammie!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Looks like her training is off to a great start Fiona and we're sure you will have her whipped into shape in no time!!
Smileys!
Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

Unknown said...

These pictures are AMAZING! And don't worry, Daisy is just a little pup with lots of energy :) Keep up the awesome posts!

Margot

Murphy said...

Looks like things are progressing nicely. BUTT she's gonna have those sharp teeth for awhile!

Your Pals,

Murphy & Stanley

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello fiona its dennis the vizsla dog hay wow daisy shoor duz seem like a tiny fluffy kyoot puppy terminator insofar as she wil not stop ever until she has bitten yoo all over with her puppy teeth and stolen the tennis bal!!! fortchoonatly i do not think she has a metal skeleton or ennything and she must hav to sleep sumtime!!! ha ha ok bye