Sunday, December 14, 2014

Abby's Birthday and Other Excitement

In case you were wondering, Abby did not suddenly mature overnight.  She's still the same doofus she was when she was 4 years old.  *sigh*

Anyhoo, there was much celebrating for Abby's birthday.  Unfortunately, some of it involved dressing up for Mom.  I just don't understand why I had to dress up, too.  I mean, it was Abby's birthday, and the tradition has been that the birthday girl is the one stuck wearing the silly hats.  All I can say is that I'm going to remember this when Mom's birthday rolls around!

Really, Mom?  Really?!?

Yeah, Mom.  We are so remembering this when your birthday arrives.
At least the tiara thingys didn't last long...

Beads and Mardi Gras wear are much better choice!  Especially when you've got lamb lung treats!

Yep, we were totally festive!
Once that nonsense was done with, we got down to the serious business of birthday celebrating. While there was no trip to the Magic Cheeseburger Window (something about Mom being busy yesterday, and us not liking to sit in the car while Mom goes grocery shopping, which was the only time she went out today), we celebrated with pieces of the roast chicken Mom made for dinner tonight (no photos of that, as Mom says her camera and chicken juices don't mix well).  We also celebrated with cake - except that Abby decided that there was no need to actually have cake when it was possible to have the ingredients instead.  So we had eggs for breakfast with Mom.  We had cheese throughout the day.  We had some pumpkin.  And we had peanut butter!

I thought this was a lame excuse for a birthday cake, but Abby seemed very happy with it.  And it was her birthday...  And I got peanut butter too, so I can't really argue.
On top of all of that, I saw Mom pulling a hamburger patty (one of the good ones) out of the freezer! I think I know what we're getting tomorrow!

Of course, Abby's birthday wasn't all about eating.  There was also much frisbee action.

At 5, Abby is as bendy as ever!
Five year old Gumby dog!



However, Abby is not the only one with springs in her leggies.  I'll have you know that while I am 6 and half years old, I, too, have springs in my leggies.  I just don't feel the need to show-off all the time like my sister!


Yes, Abby, watch and learn!

Wheee!!!
We also got in some tug-of-war.





We also did a bunch of posing that didn't involve silly tiaras or beads.




I REALLY like lamb lung.  Mom was impressed with my slobber!

Mom says this photo makes me look like I should be the lead singer in an 80's hair band.  I have No Idea what she's talking about.  (As usual.)
Mom also used some of our posing to play around with the pictures on her computer.  Whatever...  If it makes her happy, who are we to argue?






So, we had a great week, what with celebrating Abby's birthday and the usual funballs frisbee activities and whatnot!  Have a great week!

*kissey face*
-Fiona and Abby the (now five year-old) Hippobottomus

6 comments:

How Sam Sees It said...

Lovely pictures, and Happy Birthday, Abby!

There are two pictures with green grass? Is the snow melting?

Monty and Harlow

Molly the Airedale said...

What a birthday celebration you've had so far and there's more to come! yay! Happy Birthday, Abby!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh Abbylooks like a perfect day. Nothing better than peanut butter
Lily & Edward

The Army of Four said...

Wait. Did you get the snow for your birthday? Or did you already have that? I'm going to have to ask for some for my next birthday. It's in July, so Mom has PLENTY of time to go shopping! No excuses!
I would have eaten the tiara. You two look really nice, though.
Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

Murphy said...

Weird, our mom was impressed with the slobber too. Now me and Stanley, we were impressed with that giant jar of peanut butter!

Your Pals,

Murphy & Stanley

Kinley Westie said...

Looks like a pretty good celebrayshun to me!