First, I would like to thank Dennis again for my new tag line, "Zoom-Zoom"!!! Mom has placed the order with the nice people from Fetching Tags, and I should have it in a couple of weeks. I can hardly wait!!! Mom says that my "Dogzilla" tag will be put on her fob for her car keys. Just because she can.
Anyhoo, Dennis charity of choice is the Vizsla Rescue Haven. As Dennis describes them, "they care for vizslas wot cannot be adopted owt doo to separayshun anxiety or destruktive behayvyor like eeting furnitcher or .... hay wayt that sownds like me!!!" Heehee. That Dennis, cracks me up - when I can translate his spelling, that is! Anyway, we read all about the place, and it sounds like a really cool place, and I was very happy to send Mom's green papers to them!
Thank you again, Dennis, for my cool tag line! (It makes me want to go to a car race... Alas, I'll have to wait until March to show off my tag at the races. Maybe I can get Mazda to feature me on one of their ads... Heehee!)
Speaking of car races, Mom and Dad put the House With Wheels into storage today. I know that seems like a leap in topics, but when Abby and I go to car races, we go in the House With Wheels... Or maybe I've just been reading too much of Dennis' bloggie lately, and my brain leaps off on tangents in a heartbeat... With winter upon us, Mom and Dad got it all packed up (and unpacked), and took it down to a heated indoor storage facility in Salt Lake today. So no, we are not going to southern Utah this year (maybe I can convince Mom and Dad to take us in the spring... I like hiking near Zion...), but Mom says that they should be skiing in three weeks.
Frankly, I have no idea what this skiing thing is, nor do I know why they are doing it, but whatever. They seem happy. Maybe they are thinking of skijoring...
Mom says "no". Something about how if Abby or I decided to go chase something, Mom and/or Dad would be "in trouble". Hmm. I think she's just lacking a certain sense of adventure. Note from Mom: I think the girls need a little more control on the leash before we give this a shot. However... I'm not totally opposed to the idea, and may actually buy the book to see if it is something we could possibly do, or if we should just stick to snowshoeing with them, as the skijoring thing seems to have a potential for disaster requiring surgical repair.
Mom DID say that we are going to be hiking/snowshoeing with them this winter, and has purchased booties for us so that we don't get snow/ice in our paws.
So, we're ready!!!! Let it snow!!!!
Unfortunately, at the moment our snow is melting, but Mom says that I shouldn't worry; we'll have plenty of snow soon enough - and apparently we are supposed to get a BIG storm next week. So I can live with a little melting as long as more is on the way.
In the meantime, Abby and I will frolic in the slush (and the mud!!! Sorry Mom, but mud is fun!!!)
-Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus