Monday, June 22, 2009

I guess I can put away my Ark plans. For now.

I don’t know WHY Mom wouldn’t post for me this weekend (I’d do it myself but the keyboard doesn’t seem to work well with my fingers/toes). I mean, it’s not like she DID anything this weekend other than grumble about the rain (I started to build my Ark, but then I saw that the weather was supposed to get better starting today, so the Ark is on hold at the moment – luckily I was still drawing up plans, and hadn’t gone to Home Depot to get the materials yet) and watch some silly program on teevee where people in funny looking pants beat this poor innocent white ball with sticks. Sounds rather inhumane to me, but Mom and Dad seemed to like it. They watched enough of it. And they’re still watching it today. *sheesh*

At least the sun is out. Again. Finally. I know it gets hot in Arizona, but one thing I have to say – there was plenty of sun. No weeks and weeks of grey, gloomy, wet weather. And I don’t really like being out in the rain – I’m not so keen on the feeling of mud squishing between my toes. So, Mom has promised me that we will go to the park, or possibly even go on a walk. FINALLY. I have been Stuck Inside For So Long. I need to go stretch my long leggies.

Like this:




At least in the breaks in the rain, I did go on patrol for Operation Whack a Squirrel. Gotta say, those little buggers are FAST. Sneaky, too.



I was trying to find their secret lair.



But Mom did get me some ‘training tools’ so I could practice inside.


Now I’ve got to get Mom some food so she’s ready for an ‘endurance walk’. Kibble, anyone?

*kissey face*
-Fiona

17 comments:

Martine said...

You should keep those ark plans... you never know when it could start raining again!

xo sugar

Clive said...

I'm just the same as you Fiona - don't like the rain either! Went to the beach yesterday and wasn't bad about the sea either!!

You know you have the same name as the little man's mum!

That golf is taking forever and with the time difference here - the little man's dad is coming to bed hours after us!

Clive said...

meant to say 'mad' there not bad!! Don't think my secretary can spell very well sometimes!!

Checkers & Chess said...

yep - we're sick of the rain and the golf here too.....At least it's FINALLY over!!!!!!!1

Life With Dogs said...

Ark or no, I see you have started to collect species. :) Remember, two of each!

The Army of Four said...

Yeah... I don't really like getting my feety-feet wet. Not in grass, anyway.
Woo.
LUv,
Dave

Martha said...

Can we be the two bassets in the Ark?
We loved your pictures - you are very long, like us!
Only thing is you have long legs too!
We liked you smiling picture too!
love and kisses
Martha & Bailey xxx

Daisy Dog said...

Does your almost real looking squirrel have a squeaker? Cuz those are fun!

Abby said...

Hi, Fiona...

My Mom & Dad watched that Funny Pants Whack the Ball Game all weekend, too...

I didn't mind though...I got lots of snuggle time...

I'm glad you got to run & stretch your legs...

Love the Training Tool...Has he "sploded yet??

Abby xxxooo

Lorenza said...

Hi, Fiona!
The weather here is crazy too!
My mom was watching the golf too and she was not happy that it ended until today and she had to go to work!
That looks like a great training tool!
Have fun!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

bichonpawz said...

Oh! Oh! There's TWO of us....we can go on your ark!!! Your pics are so great!!! And we love to chase squirrels too! Hugs from Chloe and LadyBug

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Tank woo fur stopping by and sending pawsitive vibes fur Laska!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Happy Skhwirrel prakhtice!

Brind'Amour Clumbers said...

Wow, that's sure some amazing stretching your doing Fiona! It's been raining lots over here too!

Wiggles,
Brind'Amour

koko said...

Hey Fiona, hope your ark plan is big enough for all of us too! You never know when you need it. Come rain or shine, you never fail to keep up with OWAS. Way to go!

Charlie said...

I'm glad your sun is out again. Have fun on your endurance walk!
- C

Dexter said...

Fiona! You are a great hunter. So fast and limber.

Slobbers,
Mango

1000 Goldens said...

So glad you were able to keep up on the all important squirrel chasing despite the rain. You have good humans!