Sunday, November 24, 2013

Snow-Vember!

Our buddy Garth Riley has commented that he's not a big fan of any month with a 'no' in it (i.e. 'November') because it meant that many of his favorite activities were a 'no' because of weather.  We pondered this for a bit, and then decided the solution was rename the month.  So, we bring you Snow-vember!  (We realize this doesn't apply to a lot of states, but for us, it totally works.)

Snow-Vember is a fickle month; we get snow, then it warms up and our snow vanishes, and then it snows again (and melts again).  This last week has been a perfect example of this fickleness.

Early in the week, melting snow.





But just as the green stuff was beginning to take over the yard again, Mother Nature came through with more snow!

"I may have snow on my snooter, but you've got a frisbee in your hand.  Enough pictures - throw the frisbee!"

Snow frisbee zoomies!
"Yeah, yeah.  I know I'm gorgeous!  Throw the frisbee!"

Snowy snooters!

Snow doesn't stop Abby from performing death-defying feats of acrobatics!

Apparently Mom loves to get snowy snooter photos.  Lucky for her that we like having snowy snooters!
Just because I'm standing on a frisbee doesn't mean there aren't others you can throw for me.
Once the snowstorm ended, it started to warm up again, as often happens in Snow-vember.  But, it is staying cool enough at night that we haven't lost all our snow (yet).  

The launching of the Hippobottomus!

Long dog in snow.


We love Snow-vember!

Yep, we can do this all day long!  (Or until Mom's fingers freeze!)

Frisbee twins!


Abby is still a very long dog.



Happy frisbee snow dance!

Target sighted...

Target snatched from the air!

There's no zoomies like frisbee snow zoomies!

Huh.  Apparently I'm kinda tall, too.  But never as tall as Abby!

I think Abby is made of rubber.  And springs.

"Frisbee, meet my Jaws of Doom!"



So our snow is getting packed down and is melting again, but we'll take what we've got, because we are confident that more snow will come.  Because it's Snow-vember, and that's what happens!

In other excitement, our Mom has finally finished the annual Doodle calendar.  If you are getting one, and want to be surprised, don't click on this link.  But if you don't get a hard copy of the calendar and want to see what you are missing, here ya go!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=xMZOWjNmzauKA&emid=sharecalsharer&linkid=link4&cid=EM_sharcalshar

And finally, Abby and I have been preparing for the holidays.

Note to Santa: This is for Mom's amusement.  We both are really nice dogs, in spite of the labels attached to us!
Heehee!

We urge you all to go out and enjoy Snow-vember - even if you are like Garth and live in a state that doesn't typically get snow this time of year - you can go do a Snow Dance, or you can dance because you don't have snow and don't want it!

*kissey face*
-Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

18 comments:

Murphy said...

A wonderful solution to the problem (we won't point out that the "no" is still there). Great calendar!

Your Pals,

Murphy & Stanley

Taffy said...

I love your calendar! There is one photo in the calendar where the snow is up to your neck....good thing I don't live with you! You girls sure know how to get the most out of your snow :o)

GOOSE said...

I love Snow-vember. And you are right more will come.
Blessings,
Goose

rottrover said...

We have water in our stream again and that makes us happy!,

Bart, Ruby and Otto

Molly the Airedale said...

It's certainly cold enough here and we firmly believe that we SHOULD have snow right this very minute! We love your calendar, girls!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

jen said...

We can't wait to get that much snow to play in!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I used to feel woefully inadequate when I would see your photos, but I've been thinking long and hard about these frisbee pics. I've decided that you're not really doggies at all, but some sort of jelly filled hybrid... spiked with Mexican jumping beans. You owe it to all of us normal dogs to fess up. In fact, I demand DNA testing.

Two French Bulldogs said...

I know NO doesn't apply to you
Lily

D.K. Wall said...

In the next 48 hours, we are to get sleet, then freezing rain, followed by "several" inches of cold rain and, finally, snow. Yes, we understand the changing weather of November.

ruckustheeskie said...

Look at that awesome snownose! Brrr

The Army of Four said...

Oh, my! How do we get Snow-Vember here?!?! That looks delightful. We had something called snow flurries, which was OK, but not too exciting. THEN we had an ice storm, which I found thrilling! Ice covering EVERYTHING - leaves, sticks, the sidewalk - I just loved it! It went away, though, like the ice cubes that I get to chew on. I haven't seen this "snow" you speak of yet and I just can't WAIT!
Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

We love admiring your"Snow-vember" frisbee shots from the comfort of our warm toasty living room :-).

Smileys!
Dory and her Brothers

PeeEss...Arty says NOT HIM...he actually loves the white stuff!

Asta said...

Fiona and Abby
Snowvembew is a gweat idea and twust the two of you beautiful dooles to enjoy it to the hilt...btw..I pawsonally think a pwoducshun ofDoodle Lake sounds pawfectly heavenly
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Unknown said...

Love the frisbee action shots lol, you look great!!

Homer said...

You put me to shame. :( I am a golden retriever and I don't retrieve and I know nothing about frisbee!

I hope you'll have a wonder Thanksgiving. :)

Love,
Homer

PS: Your mum is so witty.

said...

You are truly brilliant - Snowvember it is :) P.S. You look sexy in your bandanas. I'm just saying... and by the way, I'm thankful for my Doodle girls this Thanksgiving!! Love, Newton

bichonpawz said...

Whoa!!! A whole lot of doodle action shots!!! Love the Doodle Lake reference...:) That hippobottomus really does move though!! We can only appreciate the amount of time and thought that went into the making of that calendar!! AWESOME!! Since I'm a Shutterfly affiliate...please feel free to click on the Shutterfly link on my right sidebar! Thanks!! Hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving!! xo Chloe and LadyBug (and mama too...)

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello fiona and abby its dennis the vizsla dog hay i think yoo ar rite abowt the springs and rubber!!! follow the bownsing doodle!!! ok bye